Quicklinks for Apprenticeship Sponsors
How to register an apprentice
- Have apprentices complete Participant Data and Apprenticeship Agreement.
- Apprentice and Sponsor sign the Apprenticeship Agreement.
- Return both items to: Apprenticeship RI, Lori.Turchetta@dlt.ri.gov or One Acorn Street, Providence, RI 02903
RAPIDS 2.0– National Apprenticeship Registration System
- Apprenticeship Sponsors receive a login to RAPIDS 2.0.
- Sponsors maintain apprentice records through this web based system
- Sponsors may prepare Apprenticeship Agreements for each apprentice using RAPIDS by entering apprentice data and clicking “Apprenticeship Agreement (671).”.
- Sponsors may designate additional staff to have a RAPIDS account by contacting Apprenticeship RI.
- As part of the American Apprenticeship Initiative, Apprenticeship RI collects information beyond the data captured by RAPIDS for purposes of documenting program impacts. For this reason we ask for the Participant Data, Completion , and Cancellation information.
- The probationary period is defined in your Standards and on the Apprenticeship Agreement. If an apprentice is not a good fit for your program and you cancel them during the probationary period, they will not count against your program completion rate. Please contact us if we can help supporting the apprentice’s success or helping them find a more suitable job placement.
- Decisions for awarding Credit for Prior Education or Experience should be made by the end of the probationary period. Document this decision on the Apprenticeship Agreement.
- Collect your $1,000 per apprentice incentive (up to 5 per employer) for non-trade apprentices who have completed their probationary period.
When an apprentice leaves for any reason
- Return the completed Cancellation to Apprenticeship RI. If you are canceling multiple apprentices you may provide the required information in a spreadsheet or other format.
- If the apprentice may be interested in transferring to another apprenticeship or finding employment, please invite them to contact Apprenticeship RI.
Time to Graduate. How do I Complete an apprentice?
Please return this Completion Certification and Rhode Island will prepare official Certificates of Completion for you to present. Sponsors may request certificates in anticipation of graduation to present them upon completion.
- Completion Certification (includes instruction)
- Worksheet to Complete Multiple Apprentices
- Worksheet for Requesting Interim Credentials
Give us Feedback.
We want to improve the apprenticeship system and make it more streamlined and employer friendly. Your feedback about glitches or ideas for process improvements can help us improve the system for everyone!